Ways to Give Back!
Year Round Giving Opportunities
Watch this video for a peek at the WCC Organic Children’s Learning Garden!
Donate to WCC! Private fundraising is critical to ensuring that WCC can carry our our commitment to going above and beyond for the thousands of at-risk children and families we serve each year. Click here find out more about about how your donation can ensure bright futures! You can also make a check out to Westside Children s Center (5721 W. Slauson Ave., Suite 120, Culver City, CA 90230) You’ll be glad you did!
Visit our new Wish List at Amazon.com! Click here to see what it takes to run our high-quality early education and child welfare programs. You’ll find everything from books, to garden tools, to diapers, to hula hoops, to an iPad, to general office supplies. Have fun perusing the list, then choose an item (or a few!) and simply have Amazon ship to WCC (see address below) or ship it to your home and drop it off at WCC.
Westside Children’s Center
Attn: Maggie Raiken
5721 W. Slauson Avenue #120
Culver City, CA 90230
WCC is now an Amazon Smile partner. Use this link (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-4117747) to do all of your holiday shopping on Amazon.com and Amazon will donate .5% back to WCC! It’s as easy as that, with no extra fees! Help WCC by getting the word out about this to your friends and family (and on social media!).
Do a Drive! Gather a group of your friends, classmates, colleagues, etc. and start up a drive to benefit WCC. All you have to do is decide what to collect (diapers, art supplies, books, etc), reach out to your community, and gather up those items! You can even look at our Amazon.com wishlist to decide what to collect. Please contact Maggie Raiken at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your delivery.
Purchase a gift card at Ralphs or Target in the amount of $15-$25. Our families face hardships all year round, so we like to be able to provide a little extra help in times of need. Or if you would like support programs at WCC, you can purchase gift cards at Home Depot or Staples.
Questions: Please contact Maggie Raiken at email@example.com or 310-846-4100 x6167. Thank you for your continued support and Happy Holidays from all of us at WCC!
IMPORTANT NOTICES re: WCC’s Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities
We welcome adult and teen volunteers (age 12 +). See below to find out how to get involved. If you are interested in volunteering, you must contact Maggie Raiken to receive the necessary information. Maggie can be reached at 310-846-4100 x6167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classroom volunteer opportunities are NOT available on weekends or federal holidays.
Volunteer hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-12pm or 3pm-5pm.
- All new classroom volunteers must attend one mandatory orientation/information session. Upcoming sessions: March 12, April 23, and May 28. All sessions will begin at 4pm at our Early Education Center on Wagner Street (see footer for directions).
- All paperwork must be on file with WCC a minimum of 48 hours prior to entering the classroom.
WCC’s Volunteer Opportunities
Classroom Helper: Support our early education team in the classroom by playing and interacting with children (3 months to 5 years), reading, helping prepare activities, cleaning and sanitizing toys, and participating in the daily curriculum. Volunteer space is very limited and requires a commitment. See below for details.
***The Classroom Helper volunteer program will be closed Monday, June 23, through Friday, August 1. This opportunity will resume again on Monday, August 4.
Classroom Helper Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be over 12 years
- Must have a negative TB Test on file from within the last calendar year prior to the volunteer start date
- Must have additional completed forms on file (liability waiver, good health statement, oath of confidentiality, and volunteer application)
- Applicants who are over 18 must complete a criminal record statement and a live scan background check. Live scan service is performed by a third-party company and costs about $88 (at the expense of the volunteer). Live scans takes approximately 10-15 days to clear. Please contact Maggie if you already have a live scan on file with another agency. Transfer requests are available.
- Must be able to commit to at least 4 volunteer shifts
For more information, to RSVP for a volunteer orientation session, or to request paperwork, please contact Maggie Raiken at email@example.com or (310) 846-4100 ext. 6167.
Garden Volunteers: Help us keep WCC’s lush organic children’s learning garden beautiful. Garden professional and new gardeners welcome. We will train you on the ins and outs of watering and weeding. Great for small groups or individuals, one-time service days, or ongoing commitments. Opportunities available Monday through Friday 8am-4pm, occassional Saturdays for a larger group.
For questions about any of our volunteer opportunities, please contact Maggie Raiken firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-846-4100 ext 6167.