Ways to Give Back
Year-Round Giving Opportunities
Watch this video for a peek at the WCC Organic Children’s Learning Garden!
Visit our new Wish List at Amazon.com! Check out what it takes to run our high-quality early education and child welfare programs. You’ll find everything from books, garden tools, and hula hoops to diapers, an iPad, and general office supplies. Have fun perusing the list, then choose an item (or a few!), and simply have Amazon ship to WCC (see address below). Or, if you prefer to have Amazon ship to your home, you can drop off your gift at WCC and say hello.
Westside Children’s Center
Attn: Kristen Mooney
12120 Wagner Street
Culver City, CA 90230
WCC is now an Amazon Smile partner. Use this link (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-4117747) to do all of your shopping on Amazon.com and Amazon will donate .5% back to WCC! It’s as easy as that, with no extra fees! Help WCC by getting the word out about this to your friends, family, and social networks.
Do a Drive! Another exciting way to support the children and families served by WCC is to host a supply drive. Round up a group of your friends, classmates, or colleagues and start a drive to benefit WCC. All you have to do is decide on what to collect (diapers, art supplies, books, etc.), reach out to your community, and gather those items. Once you have items to distribute, please contact Kristen Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your delivery. If you have questions about what to collect, please give Kristen a call at 310-846-4100 ext. 6401.
Purchase a gift card at Ralphs or Target in the amount of $15-$25. Our families face hardships all year round, so we like to be able to provide a little extra help in times of need. If you would like support programs at WCC, you can purchase gift cards at Home Depot or Staples.
Donate to WCC! Private fundraising is critical to ensuring WCC can carry out our commitment to going above and beyond for the thousands of at-risk children and families we serve each year. Click Donate Now on the home page to find out more about how your donation can ensure bright futures. You can also make a check out to Westside Children s Center (5721 W. Slauson Ave., Suite 120, Culver City, CA 90230). You’ll be glad you did!
WCC Volunteer Opportunities
Please contact Kristen Mooney at 310-846-4100 ext. 6401 or email@example.com for questions or more information.
Administrative Volunteer or Intern: Provide administrative support to our staff by assisting with organization, filing, contacting parents and other administrative tasks. Gain great experience and insight into the non-profit world. Bilingual volunteers are especially needed!
Horticulture Volunteer: WCC is looking for an experienced horticulture volunteer to help provide guidance and knowledge for our growing garden. Hours are flexible and the volunteer will work closely with WCC’s Director of STEM Programs.
Garden Volunteer: Help keep WCC’s garden looking beautiful. Great for volunteers who don’t mind getting their hands dirty! Hours are also flexible.
Classroom Helper: Support our early education team in the classroom by interacting with children (3 months to 5 years), reading, helping prepare activities, cleaning and sanitizing toys, supporting teachers with whatever is needed. Volunteer space is limited and requires a commitment. See below for details:
Classroom Helper Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be over 12 years of age and have availability on weekdays between 9am-12pm and 2:45pm-4:45pm.
- Must have a negative TB Test on file from within the last calendar year prior to the volunteer start date.
- Must have completed volunteer packet on file (Liability Waiver, Good Health Statement, Oath of Confidentiality and Volunteer Application).
- Applicants who are over 18 must complete a Criminal Record Statement and a Live Scan background check. Live Scan is performed by a third-party company and costs about $88 (at the expense of the volunteer). Live Scans take approximately 10-15 days to clear. Please contact Kristen if you already have a Live Scan on file with another agency. Transfer requests are available.
- All interested volunteers must attend a mandatory volunteer orientation session at our Early Education Center on Wagner Street. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to attend one of the following upcoming orientations:
- Tuesday, March 3rd at 3 pm
- Tuesday, March 31st at 3 pm
For questions or additional information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Kristen Mooney at email@example.com or 310-846-4100 x6401.